Ruth Dorn, Department Administrator
- M. B. A. Concentration: Supply Chain Management – Rutgers University – May 2012.
- M. S. in Horticulture – Rutgers University. Thesis: Gaseous regulation of growth and development of asparagus culture in air-lift reactors.
- B. S. in Botany – Duke University – Magna cum laude.
- March 2012 – present: Department Administrator (Laboratory Manager) of Raskin Laboratory.
- Responsible for purchasing and fiscal management of the lab.
- Assist with personnel-related functions.
- Oversee safety and regulatory issues as Chemical Hygiene Officer of the lab.
- September 2005 – March 2012: Senior Laboratory Technician, Raskin Laboratory, Plant Biology Department – assisted Dr. Moul Dey and Dr. Leonel Rojo with their research.
- November 2003 – September 2005: Senior Laboratory Technician, Plant Biology Department, Rutgers University – worked for Dr. Faith Belanger doing research on turfgrass.
- April 1999 – November 2003: Senior Laboratory Technician, Biochemistry and Microbiology Department, Rutgers University – helped four new faculty members set up their labs and performed research.
- Rojo, L., Ribnicky, D., Logendra, S., Poulev, A., Rojas, P., Kuhn, P., Dorn, R., Grace, M., Lila, M. A., and I. Raskin. In vitro and in vivo anti-diabetic effects of anthocyanins from Maqui Berry (Aristotelia chilensis). Food Chemistry, Vol. 131, pp. 387-396, 2012.
- V. G. Premkumar, M. Dey, R. Dorn, and I. Raskin. MyD88-dependent and independent pathways of Toll-Like Receptors are engaged in biological activity of Triptolide in ligand-stimulated macrofages. BMC Chemical Biology, 10:3, 2010.
- Reed, A. J., Dorn, R., van Dover, C. L., Lutz, R. A., and C. Vetriani. Phylogenetic diversity of methanogenic, sulfate-reducing and methanotrophic prokaryotes from deep-sea hydrometal vents and cold seeps. Deep Sea Research Part II: Topical Studies in Oceanography, Vol. 56, No. 19-20: 1665-1674, 2009.
- Dey, M., Ripoll, C., Pouleva, R., Dorn, R., Aranovich, I., Zaurov, D., Kurmukov, A., Eliseyeva, M., Belolipov, I., Akimaliev, A., Sodombekov, I., Akimaliev, D., Lila, M. A., and Raskin, I. Natural product screen using pro-inflammatory gene transcription assay. Phytotherapy Research, 22: 929-934, 2008.
- Launen, L. A., Dutta, J., Turpeinen, R., Eastep, M. E., Dorn, R., Buggs, V. H., Leonard, J. W., and Häggblom, M. M. Characterization of the indigenous PAH-degrading bacteria of the Spartina dominated salt marshes in the New York / New Jersey harbor. Biodegradation, 19: 347-363, 2008.
- Ma, J., Dey, M., Yang, H., Poulev, A., Pouleva, R., Dorn, R., Lipsky, P., Kenelly, E. J., and Raskin, I. (2007) Anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive compounds from Tripterygium wilfordii. Phytochemistry, Vol. 68, No. 8, 1172-1178.
- Murphy, K. A., Villano, C. M., Dorn, R., and White, L. A. (2004) Interaction between the aryl hydrocarbon receptor and retinoic acid pathways increases matrix metalloproteinase-1 expression in keratinocytes. Journal of Biological Chemistry 274(24):25284-93
- Schaefer, J. K., Dorn, R., Barkay, T. (2001) Microbial factors controlling methylmercury accumulation in freshwater ecosystems in New Jersey, USA Materials and Geoenvironment 48 (1): 219-225
- Havkin-Frenkel, D., Dorn, R., and Leustek, T. (1997) Plant tissue culture for production of secondary metabolites. Food Technol. 51(11):56-61.
- Havkin-Frenkel, D. and Dorn, R. (1997) Vanilla. In “Spices: Flavor Chemistry and Antioxidant Properties.” Ed. S. J. Risch and C-T. Ho, American Chemical Society, Washington, D. C.
- Knorr, D., Caster, C., Dörnebrug, H., Dorn, R., Gräf, S., Havkin-Frenkel, D., Podstolski, A., and Werrman, U. (1993) Biosynthesis and yield improvement of food ingredients from plant cell and tissue cultures. Food Technol. 47(12):57-63
- Dorn, R., Chin, C-K., and Frenkel, C. (1991) Gaseous regulation of growth and development of asparagus culture in cell-lift reactors. World Congress on Cell and Tissue Culture, Anaheim, CA.