Elucidating Cell-Material Interactions
- Four Baker SterilGARD II laminar flow hoods are available for tissue culture and handling to ensure optimal sterility in all cultures and are equipped with gas and vacuum lines.
- Olympus inverted and reflected light microscopes are available for monitoring cell viability and culture growth. An imaging system equipped with a digital camera and an adaptor is connected to the inverted microscope and enables histological examination and capturing important cell behaviors on different substrates.
- Liquid nitrogen dewars are available for a large capacity of storing frozen cells. A sensor device attached to the dewar enables real-time monitoring of liquid nitrogen level.
- Two -80°C freezer, two -20°C freezer and one 4°C refrigerator provide broad range and large capacity of storage conditions.
- A temperature/ humidity stability chamber enables controlling constant temperature and humidity environment for shelf life testing of nutraceutical and pharmaceutical products and packaging. Nanopure water filtration system is used to reconstitute media and dilute buffers.
- Refrigerated tabletop ultracentrifuge maintains cell condition during separation of media.
- SPECTRAmax Gemini II Fluorescence Plate Reader (Molecular Devices) is available for high throughput assays (fluorescence and luminescence).
- Power Wave Absorbance Plate Reader (Bio-Tech Instruments) is available for nucleic acid/protein quantification as well as fluorescence/luminescence assays.
- Horizontal gel electrophoresis apparatus for DNA and RNA analysis.