Music Department 2020 Concerto Competition
Friday February 14th
Nicholas Music Center- Nicholas Stage.
Congratulations to our 2020 Winners!
Rutgers Symphony Orchestra
(in random order)
Wanlin Janet Yu, piano: Prokofiev – Piano Concerto #3, Op.26
Juhyeon Kim, cello: Dvorak – Cello Concerto in B minor, Op.104
Samantha Lake, tuba: Vaughan Williams – Concerto for Bass Tuba
Hanna Kim, flute: Nielsen – Concerto for Flute and Orchestra
Oh Hyun Kwon, viola: Walton – Viola Concerto
Wenting Yu, piano: Chopin – Piano Concerto No. 2 in F minor, Op.21
Read her bio here: https://www.msmnyc.edu/faculty/maureen-hynes/
Read bio here: https://www.juilliard.edu/faculty/mushkatkol-victoria
< Registration for the 2020 Concerto Competition is now closed. >
Registration is live and students may submit registration forms through January 24th. Submissions after January 24th will not be accepted.
10:00am-5:00pm & 6:00pm-10:00pm
The sign-up goes live Monday February 3rd, 9:00am.
*Competitors who wish to be considered as a soloist for both RSO & Sinfonia, need only to sign up for 1 time slot.
- Competitors must be Rutgers Mason Gross School of the Arts music majors, actively enrolled in Music Department applied major lessons.
- Competitors must prepare their entire work, with the first movement or equivalent from memory.
- Piano accompaniment is required. Competitors must provide their own accompanist.
- Competitors must provide two copies of their piece, with at least one being a full score.
- Competitors will have a 20 minute time slot.
- Failure to meet the above guidelines may result in disqualification.
Concerto competition winners will be invited to play their winning concerto in the following season with the Rutgers Symphony Orchestra or Rutgers Sinfonia.