Throughout the residency, a variety of weekly conferences are conducted.
A unique feature of the program is its dedicated educational protected time.
To provide compassionate and superlative neurosurgical care in a milieu of outstanding education and groundbreaking research.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, and RWJBarnabas Health have launched a partnership to jointly operate a world-class academic health system dedicated to life-changing research, clinical training of tomorrow’s workforce, and high-quality health care for all. This partnership represents a significant step forward to improve access to care and reduce the health disparities that impact our state. We are driven in this work by our shared belief that while we are strong leaders in our respective fields. The partnership between Rutgers University and RWJBarnabas Health creates a force for change, shaping the future of the health care delivery system. Together we are poised to transform health care in New Jersey and drive innovations that will improve outcomes across the country. The vision is to form a world-class academic health system.
RWJBarnabas Health is the largest, most comprehensive academic health care system in New Jersey. Among New Jersey’s largest private employers, RWJBarnabas Health routinely captures national awards for outstanding quality and safety. RWJBarnabas Health is the proud home of:
12 Acute Care Hospitals
3 Children’s Hospitals
- Two Trauma centers
- A freestanding 100-bed behavioral health center
- A satellite emergency department
- Ambulatory care centers
- Geriatric Centers
- The state’s largest behavioral health network
- Other key specialty and wellness service including comprehensive home care and hospice programs, fitness and wellness centers, retail pharmacy services, affiliated medical groups, multi-site imaging centers and two accountable care organizations.
RWJBarnabas Health treats over 3 million patients each year and has 2 million outpatient visits.
The partnership between Rutgers University and RWJBarnabas Health creates a force for change, shaping the future of the health care delivery system. Our shared vision is to form a world-class academic health system. We will do this by advancing the following objectives:
- Recruit leading academic, research and clinical practitioners in their fields of concentration.
- Advance health science innovation.
- Develop centers of excellence across a wide spectrum of clinical specialties.
- Consolidate clinical services under RWJBH leadership, while respecting the traditional academic reporting structure and the educational and research mission of the new academic health system.
- Consolidate education and research activities under the leadership of Rutgers in coordination with RWJBH.
- Increase accessibility to primary and specialty physicians and clinicians.
- Dedicate collective resources to education, research and health improvement.