Amanda grew up in northern New Jersey and studied economics at Bowdoin College in Brunswick, Maine. After a few years of cerebrovascular research at Columbia University, she then attended medical school at St. George’s University in Grenada. Amanda plans to practice general neurosurgery after graduation. Outside of work, Amanda enjoys spending time with her family and friends, especially with her husband and son, Malcolm.
- Ironside N, Christophe B, Bruce SS, Carpenter AM, Robison T, Yoh N, Cremers S, Landry D, Frey HP, Chen CJ, Hoh B, Kim L, Claassen J, Connolly ES. A Phase II Randomized Controlled Trial of Tiopronin for Aneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemorrhage. Journal of Neurosurgery, 2019 Jul 12:1-9.
- Carpenter AM, Singh PI, Gandhi CD, Prestigiacomo CJ. Genetic risk factors for spontaneous intracerebral hemorrhage. Nature Reviews Neurology, 2016 Jan;12(1)40-9.
- Badjatia N, Monahan A, Carpenter A, Zimmerman J, Schmidt JM, Claassen J, Connolly ES, Mayer SA, Karmally W, Seres D. Inflammation, Negative Nitrogen Balance, and Outcome after Subarachnoid Hemorrhage. Neurology, 2015 Feb 17;84(7):680-7.
- Zacharia BE, Bruce SS, Carpenter AM, Hickman ZL, Vaughan KA, Richards C, Gold WE, Lu J, Appelboom G, Solomon RA, Connolly ES. Variability in Outcome Following Elective Cerebral Aneurysm Repair in High Volume Academic Medical Centers. Stroke, 2014 May;45(5):1447-52.
- Appelboom G, Bruce SS, Hickman ZL, Zacharia BE, Carpenter AM, Vaughan KA, Duran A, Hwang RY, Piazza M, Lee K, Claassen J, Mayer S, Badjatia N, Connolly ES Jr. Volume-Dependent Effect of Perihematomal Edema on Outcome after Spontaneous Intracerebral Hemorrhages. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry, 2013 May;84(5):488-93.