CODED BIAS: A Timely Discussion on the Themes Highlighted in this Powerful Film
November 18 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
The Women+ in Technology Working Group is hosting a fall event that you do not want to miss!
We would like to invite colleagues and friends to discuss the major themes raised by the film CODED BIAS, which premiered at the 2020 Sundance Film Festival.
The film is available on Netflix and Rutgers University Libraries.
This documentary film, directed by Shalini Kantayya, presents the implications of the pervasiveness of machine learning, data analytics, and algorithms that are in use today.
Date: Thursday, November 18, 2021
Time: 2:00pm – 3:00pm
Zoom registration link: Click here to Register
SNEAK PEAK – PROGRAM TOPICS
- Topic 1: General Discussion on CODED BIAS Film
- Topic 2: Film Theme: Artificial Intelligence, Algorithms, & Surveillance
- Topic 3: Film Theme: Equality, Inclusion & Diversity in the tech workforce
WAYS TO PREPARE FOR THE EVENT
- Watch CODED BIAS (Kantayya, S. Coded Bias . 7th Empire Media; 2020) ─
- Ways to watch:
- Stream online from the Rutgers University Library (CODED BIAS: https://bit.ly/3qGte84)
- Stream on Netflix
- Come to the event with an open mind and a willingness to participate at your comfort level.