Current Ph.D Students
- Chengyuan Deng (2021 till now)
- Prathamesh Dharangutte (2021 till now)
- Vikrant Ashvinkumar (2021 till now), co-advised with Aaron Bernstein.
- Kevin Lu (2022 till now), co-advised with Feng Luo
Past Postdoc and Ph.D Students
- Haotian Wang (December 2021). Dissertation: Learning of Network Dynamics: Mobility, Diffusion and Evolution. First job at jd.com.
- Aria Rezaei (December 2020). Dissertation: On Challenges in Privacy Protection for Social and Correlated Data. First job at Twitter.
- Hao-Tsung Yang (December 2020). Dissertation: Scheduling Algorithms for Mobility and Coverage in Adversarial Settings, co-advised with Prof. Shan Lin. Postdoc at Edinburgh, followed by a tenure-track faculty position at National Central University, Taiwan.
- Kin Sum Liu (December 2019). Dissertation: Graph Analysis: Representation, Learning and Optimization, co-advised with Prof. Shan Lin. First job at Twitter.
- Jiaxin Ding (December 2018). Dissertation: Geometric Algorithms for Spatio-Temporal Data Sensing, Mining and Privacy Protection. Tenure-track Assistant Professor at Shanghai Jiaotong University in 2019.
- Bo Li (Postdoc from 2016-2017), co-advised with Prof. Grant Schoenebeck. Tenure-track Assistant Professor at UIUC.
- Chien-Chun Ni (August 2017). Dissertation: Network Algorithms for Routing and Sensing Using Area Preserving Maps, Homology and Curvature. Received the 2016 Catacosinos Computer Science Award. First job at Yahoo Research Labs.
- Golnaz Ghasemiesfeh (August 2017), Dissertation: Contagions in Social Networks. Finalist of Facebook Graduate Student Fellowship 2013. First job at Accenture Research.
- Siming Li (May 2017), Dissertation: Mobility and Traffic-Adaptive Routing Algorithms for Wireless and Optical Networks. First job at eBay.
- Jiemin Zeng (August 2016), Dissertation: Integrating Mobile Agents and Distributed Sensors in Wireless Sensor Networks. First job at Google.
- Mayank Goswami (August 2013), co-advised with Prof. Xianfeng David Gu, Joseph Mitchell. Dissertation: Computing Teichmuller Maps and Applications of Conformal Geometry to Sensor Networks. Postdoc at MPI Germany. Assistant Professor at Queens College, City University of New York.
- Akshay Patil (August 2013). Dissertation: Analyzing Dynamics in Online Social Networks. First job at Quantcast. Received the Outstanding Dissertation Progress Award by the American Sociological Association for contributions in computational sociology analysis.
- Xiaomeng Ban (December 2012). Dissertation: Exploring Advanced Communication Primitives Using Greedy Routing in Sensor Networks. First job at Google.
- Dengpan Zhou (May 2012). Dissertation: Distributed Algorithms for Online Coordination in Wireless Sensor Networks. First job at Nine Chapters Capital Management, LLC.
- Rupa Krishnan (August 2010). Dissertation: Improving Network Performance through Measurement Based Analysis. First job at Google.
- Rik Sarkar (May 2010). Dissertation: Geometric Abstractions for Information Processing in Sensor Networks. Assistant Professor at University of Edinburgh.
- Sol Lederer (December 2009). Dissertation: Localization and Location Certification in Sensor Networks. First job at Morgan Stanley.
- Yue Wang (May 2009), co-advised with Prof. Joseph Mitchell. Dissertation: Geometry Discovery With Connectivity Information And Applications In Sensor Networks. First job at Microsoft.
- Xianjin Zhu (August 2008), co-advised with Prof. Himanshu Gupta. Dissertation: Collaborative Information Processing and Query Evaluation in Wireless Sensor Networks. First job at Microsoft.