RU COVID Safety and Vaccination Policies in effect: Please refer to the “Registration Procedures & Deadlines” tab for your specific program.
Rutgers Summer Filmmaking Intensive
The Summer Filmmaking Intensive will give students a 5-day crash course in film production. No prior experience is required. Students will learn the fundamentals of screenwriting, cinematography, directing, and post-production as they produce an original short film over the course of the week under the guidance of Rutgers filmmaking alumni.
- July 25–29, 2022
- Open to students ages 14–18
- 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. – Commuter only
Class is Full! Click the registration button below to be added to our wait list.
Zack Morrison – Director
Zack Morrison is a writer-director from New Jersey. His work includes the musical comedy, Everything’s Fine: A Panic Attack in D Major, winner of the Television Academy’s Student Emmy award in 2019. Zack has produced scripted and unscripted content for major brands like Buzzfeed, Esquire, Cartoon Network, and Space Channel; and his narrative films have screened in film festivals around the world. He also was a writer’s assistant and script coordinator on late night comedy shows including The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, Late Night with Seth Meyers, and Saturday Night Live. Zack has a MFA in Television Writing from Columbia University, and a BA in Digital Filmmaking from Mason Gross School of the Arts at Rutgers University.
Day 1: Cinematography and Camera Basics
Day 2: Screenwriting and Story Craft
Day 3: Production
Day 4: Production/Post
Day 5: Post-Production and Industry Chat
- Registration Deadline: June 15
- Tuition must be paid in full 1 week prior to the start of the program.
- Please read our Policies & Procedures Document for additional information on payment, cancellation, participant conduct, and media waivers. Your completion of registration indicates your acknowledgment and agreement to abide by these policies.
- Covid Precautions:
- Students enrolled in this Intensive must adhere to all RCA and Rutgers University COVID-19 safety protocols, which are subject to change at any time during the semester. Failure to adhere to safety protocols may result in cancellation of registration, at the discretion of the RCA Director.
- All students, parents, guests, and staff must wear a face mask over their nose and mouth while on campus and in the classroom.
- All students, parents, guests, and staff must maintain at least 6 feet of social distancing.
- Parents and guests are asked to avoid common areas and hallways of the Rutgers facilities while students are in classes & lessons. Parents and guests will not be permitted in classrooms.
- Students who are exhibiting signs of sickness or fever are asked to not attend.
- At this time, guests to the RCA office are seen by appointment only. To make an appointment you must contact our office at least 24 hours in advance to be added to the university visitor log.
- For additional information, please refer to these documents provided by Rutgers University: