Here are some Mathematica programs to make the pictures and movies on this site. This is just for fun. Note: I’m a mathematician, not a computer programmer; these are done poorly, inefficiently, and poorly. They get the job done (sometimes). Right-click to download.
- Added 11/04/2013: For finding low-lying closed geodesics over a given real quadratic field .
- Added 10/24/2013: For drawing Apollonian-3 gaskets, dual configurations, and orbits (for Xin Zhang).
- Added 11/30/2011: For playing around with the Explicit Formula for the Riemann zeta function. See the corresponding file for MAT 310 (Complex Analysis) here.
- For drawing the Dirichlet domain for a uniform lattice in SL(2,R). See the corresponding expository note here.
- For drawing Apollonian gaskets.
- For drawing Soddy sphere packings.
- For tiling the plane by geodesics (Markoff spectrum, Zaremba).
- For computing the Hausdorff dimension of certain Cantor sets (the Jenkinson-Pollicott algorithm), giving a counterexample to Hensley’s conjecture (a generalization of Zaremba).
- For drawing low-lying horospheres in (infinite volume) hyperbolic space.
- For drawing low-lying horocycles in the hyperbolic plane.
- For drawing thin Pythagorean cones, labelled by primality of the hypotenuse, etc.
- For drawing paths of the (3x+1)-Map.