Rutgers Conference on the Philosophy of Probability
October 24-26, 2019
Rutgers Philosophy Department
106 Somerset Street; 5th Floor; New Brunswick, NJ 08901
There are no required readings; however, some sessions have recommended readings.
The Rutgers Philosophy Department is on the 5th floor of 106 Somerset St in New Brunswick, NJ.
The easiest way to get to the philosophy department is by train (NJTransit). If you are flying into the area, it is best to fly into Newark Airport. NJTransit trains pick up directly from the airport. When you arrive at the airport, follow the signs for the Airtrain. The Airtrain will take you to the NJTransit rail station. From there, it is about a half hour train ride to New Brunswick. The philosophy department is located directly next to the NJTransit rail station in New Brunswick.
There are two hotels within walking distance of the philosophy department.
The Hyatt is located at 2 Albany St. It is approximately a five minute walk from the Hyatt to the philosophy department.
The Heldrich is located at 10 Livingston Ave. It is approximately a ten minute walk from the Heldrich to the philosophy department.
There is no registration fee to attend the conference; however, please RSVP if you plan to attend.
There will be two conference dinners held at nearby restaurants. All are welcome, but reservation space is limited at the restaurants. Contact the conference organizers at LawsAndChanceProject@gmail.com if you are interested in attending a dinner.
There are many restaurants within walking distance of the philosophy department. Some favorites include:
- Efes Mediterranean Grill – 1 minute walk (32 Easton Ave)
- Mamoun’s Falafel (Mediterranean) – 2 minute walk (58 Easton Ave)
- Tacoria (Mexican) – 2 minute walk (56 Easton Ave)
- Evelyn’s (Lebanese) – 2 minute walk (45 Easton Ave)
- KBG Korean BBQ and Grill – 2 minute walk (6 Easton Ave)
- Honeygrow (Salads, Stir Fry) – 3 minute walk (36 College Ave)
- Destination Dogs (Specialty Hot Dogs) – 6 minute walk (101 Paterson St)
- Veganized (Vegan) – 7 minute walk (1 Elm Row)
- Indochine (Vietnamese) – 7 minute walk (371 George St)
- Caffe Bene (Coffeehouse with Sandwiches & Bakery Items) – 8 minute walk (356 George St)
- Seed Burger (Vegan) – 10 minute walk (176 Easton Ave)