Dr. Pixley received his BS in Physics and BA in Pure Mathematics (with highest honors in both) from the University of California Santa Cruz (UCSC) completing a thesis with A. Peter Young. He then received his PhD in Physics from Rice University in 2014, focusing on condensed matter theory under the guidance of Prof. Qimiao Si. After a postdoctoral fellowship at the Condensed Matter Theory Center at the University of Maryland with Prof. Sankar Das Sarma from 2014-2017, he joined the Physics and Astronomy department of Rutgers University as an Assistant Professor. Profiles on: Google Scholar and the arXiv.
Awards and Honors
- Alfred P. Sloan Research Fellow in Physics, 2021-2023.
- National Science Foundation CAREER award, “The Fate of Topology in Disordered Three-Dimensional Materials” 2020-2025.
- Air Force Office of Scientific Research Young Investigator Program Award, “Emulating Twistronics and Beyond with Ultra-Cold Atoms” 2020-2023.
- Nevil F. Mott Prize from SCES 2019, for “pioneering work, combining analytic and computational tools
to shed light on quantum criticality in strongly correlated heavy fermion systems and localization in topological Weyl semi-metals,” conferred in Okayama Japan, Sept 24 (2019).
- H. A. Wilson Research Award, for the most outstanding Ph.D. thesis in the Physics and Astronomy department of Rice University (2014).
- Thimann Scholarship, honoring an undergraduate student showing the most promise as a future scientist, University of California Santa Cruz (2008).
- Magic-angle semimetals, Yixing Fu, Elio Konig, Justin H. Wilson, Yang-Zhi Chou, Jedediah H. Pixley, npj Quantum Materials 5, 71 (2020).
- Critical properties of the measurement-induced transition in random quantum circuits, Aidan Zabalo, Michael J. Gullans, Justin H. Wilson, Sarang Gopalakrishnan, David A. Huse, J. H. Pixley, Phys. Rev. B 101, 060301(R) (2020).
- Long-range entanglement near a Kondo-destruction quantum critical point, Christopher Wagner, Tathagata Chowdhury, J. H. Pixley, Kevin Ingersent, Phys. Rev. Lett. 121, 147602 (2018).
- Rare region induced avoided quantum criticality in disordered three-dimensional Dirac and Weyl semimetals, J. H. Pixley, David A. Huse, S. Das Sarma, Phys. Rev. X 6, 021042 (2016).
- Many body localization and quantum non-ergodicity in a model with a single-particle mobility edge, Xiaopeng Li, Sriram Ganeshan, J. H. Pixley, S. Das Sarma, Phys. Rev. Lett. 115, 186601 (2015).
- Axial anomaly and longitudinal magnetoresistance of a generic three dimensional metal, Pallab Goswami, J. H. Pixley, S. Das Sarma, Phys. Rev. B 92, 075205 (2015). Editor’s Suggestion.
- Kondo Destruction and Quantum Criticality in Kondo Lattice Systems, Qimiao Si, J. H. Pixley, Emilian Nica, Seiji J. Yamamoto, Pallab Goswami, Rong Yu, Stefan Kirchner, J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 83 061005 (2014).