Since I joined Rutgers in 2018, I have developed and taught a number of courses to MBA, MS, Ph.D., DBA, and professional students, My teaching has received favorable responses from students with an average rating above 4.8/5, compared to the average department rating of 4.4/5 in 2023. Students enjoyed the learning experience with comments such as “the way of imparting knowledge is impeccable,” “love the passion he brings to class,” and “(he) has simplified the learning process … by providing resources that supplement his lectures and increases the efficiency of the learning process.”  I am currently co-chairing one DBA dissertation committee and serving as a committee member for two Ph.D. dissertations and one DBA dissertation at Rutgers Business School (RBS). Previously, I supervised independent studies for two MD/MBA students on health disparity and inequalities in percutaneous cardiovascular and knee replacement procedures. My teaching contribution was recognized with an Instructional Fellow Award from the Department of Supply Chain Management in 2023.

In my prior teaching at the University of Houston, I introduced innovative teaching methods to nurture undergraduate students’ critical thinking and teamwork skills. I developed a multi-year award-winning “Operations Reality Show” project, which integrated a service-learning concept and storytelling approach to help students explore the connection between course materials and real business practices. The technology-enriched & multi-class projects become valuable assets to the program. Besides being recognized as the Honorable Mention to Decision Sciences Institute’s Instructional Innovation Award and being featured in Decision Line, the collaborative work based on the project was awarded the first University Group Teaching Award from the University of Houston.

Sample Operations Reality Show Project V2

Operations Reality Show Trailer from V1

The following classes have been developed and taught at Rutgers Business School

• 2021-ongoing: Healthcare Analytics (22:799:638)
    The course is designed to review data sources, data processing tools, and data analytics models in the healthcare industry. This is the first class that I attempt to co-teach with industry SME. I mainly prep students to the class with a review on data models, healthcare industry, and wrap up classes with a few hands-on projects on healthcare analytics. The industry SME brings in specific practices on analytics towards population healthcare at Mount Sinai hospital.
  • 2020-ongoing: Data Mining and Business Intelligence (22:135:703)
    The course was co-taught with another faculty from MSIS for the new DBA program. I integrated a few other courses that I developed to create a separate section of business intelligence and business decision making. The section starts with a general introduction to business intelligence and then flow to decision makings processes across different sectors.
  • 2019-ongoing: Healthcare Service Mgmt. (22:799:696)
    The course was previously designed to cover general topics within the healthcare industry. Given the ongoing shift to value-based care in the industry, I reshaped the course design by organizing the course materials around the new business model in healthcare industry and also added trending subjects such as population health and healthcare analytics into the course.
  • 2019-ongoing: Operations Analysis (22:799:586)
    The section is one of many general operations analysis (22:799:580). As the course is mainly tailored towards healthcare services management/ healthcare analytics and intelligence program, I redesigned the course by shifting the focus towards the healthcare industry. All cases and the majority of examples are healthcare-related and I also adjust the structure of the course to articulate the focus on both theories and applications of operations analysis.
  • 2019-ongoing: Project Management (22:799:661:68)
    The course is one of few project management intro level offerings. As I took over the course, I revised the course structure to be aligned with Project Management Institute (PMI)’s Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK). I also added materials on project management software and expand the coverage of the course to make it both content rich and applicable to working professionals.
  • 2019-ongoing: Multivariate Analysis (26:630:670:01)
    This is a new course that I developed for the Ph.D. program at RBS. The course covers topics including theory and hypothesis development, research design, moderation/mediation, construct development, cluster analysis, factor analysis including EFA and CFA, structural equation models, and panel data analysis.