Violent crime; health disparities; corrections; firearms; intimate partner violence; victimization; life course trajectories
Select Recent Publications
- Semenza, Daniel C. and Richard Stansfield. 2021. Community Gun Violence and Functional Disability: An Ecological Analysis among Men in Four U.S. Cities. Health & Place.
- Stansfield, Richard, Daniel C. Semenza, and Trent Steidley. 2021. Public Guns, Private Violence: How Do Legal and Illegal Firearm Availability Influence Intimate Partner Homicide in the United States? Preventive Medicine.
- Grosholz, Jessica M. and Daniel C. Semenza. 2021. Health Conditions and Victimization among Incarcerated Individuals in U.S. Jails. Journal of Criminal Justice.
- Jackson, Dylan B., Juan Del Toro, Daniel C. Semenza, Alexander Testa, and Michael Vaughn. 2021. Unpacking Racial/Ethnic Disparities in Emotional Distress During Witnessed Police Stops. Journal of Adolescent Health.
- Semenza, Daniel C., Dylan Jackson, Alexander Testa, and Ryan Meldrum. 2020. Juvenile Sleep Problems and Susceptibility to Peer Influence. Youth & Society.
- Stansfield, Richard, Daniel C. Semenza, Laura Napolitano, Melanie Gaston, Megan Coleman, and Maria Diaz. 2020. The Risk of Family Violence after Incarceration: An Integrative Review. Trauma, Violence, and Abuse: A Review Journal.
- Novisky, Meghan, Chelsey Narvey, & Daniel C. Semenza. 2020. Institutional Responses to the COVID-19 Pandemic in American Prisons. Victims & Offenders.
- Semenza, Daniel C., Alexander Testa, Dylan Jackson, and Michael Vaughn. 2020. Incarceration and Cardiovascular Health: Intersectional Inequality in a Multi-Mechanism Framework. Journal of Criminal Justice.
- Semenza, Daniel C., Alexander M. Testa, Dylan B. Jackson, Michael G. Vaughn, and Nicholas C. Semenza. 2020. Criminal Offending Trajectories from Adolescence through Young Adulthood and the Risk of Food Insecurity: Evidence from the Add Health Study. Annals of Epidemiology.
- Semenza, Daniel C., Deena Isom Scott, Jessica Grosholz, and Dylan Jackson. 2020. Disentangling the Reciprocal Relationship between Health and Crime among Adults. Social Science & Medicine.
- Testa, Alexander and Daniel C. Semenza. 2020. Offending and Health over the Life-Course: A Dual-Trajectory Approach. Journal of Criminal Justice.
- Semenza, Daniel C., Richard Stansfield, and Nathan W. Link. 2020. The Dynamics of Race, Place, and Homicide Context in the Relationship between Firearm Dealers and Gun Violence. Justice Quarterly.
- Stansfield, Richard and Daniel C. Semenza. 2019. Legal Firearm Availability and Intimate Partner Homicide: A Multilevel Analysis across Sixteen States. Preventive Medicine.
- Semenza, Daniel C. and Nathan Link. 2019. How Does Reentry get Under the Skin? Reintegration Barriers and Health in a Sample of Recently Incarcerated Men. Social Science & Medicine.
- Semenza, Daniel C., Ryan Meldrum, Dylan Jackson, Michael Vaughn, and Alex Piquero. 2019. School Start Times, Adolescent Delinquency, and Substance Use: A Criminological Perspective and Research Agenda. Crime & Delinquency.