Infant and Child Development
This course will be REMOTE ASYNCHRONOUS for Spring and Fall 2021.
- Learn the central questions of developmental science
- Recognize the hallmarks of human development from conception to childhood
- Understand the various ways in which theories of development can be empirically tested
- Learn to critically evaluate developmental theories, studies, and conclusions
- Learn to access research resources used by professionals in the field of developmental science
- Provide a scientific basis for making decisions you may face as a parent, teacher, social policy-maker, or voter
Textbook Siegler et al. How Children Develop. Pref. 4th edition and newer.
It is a great textbook, but like all textbooks, it costs a lot. However, you can find older versions online (for less than $10!). We do NOT need Launchpad, iClicker, or other services for this course. Additionally, we will try to forego the textbook for other (free) sources when possible.