Mission of SACNAS
SACNAS is an inclusive organization dedicated to fostering the success of Chicano/Hispanic and Native American scientists, from college students to professionals, in attaining advanced degrees, careers, and positions of leadership in STEM.
Goals of the Rutgers SACNAS Chapter
- Promote awareness of the professional resources provided by the University.
- Serve as the voice of Rutgers students within the university.
- Work with and support other student council organizations within the University.
- Provide members with resources and opportunities for increasing their professional experience.
- Provide opportunities in professional development for undergraduate and graduate STEM students.
We have hosted numerous information and networking sessions with a number of firms. Rutgers has been known for forging the most well-rounded graduates around the country. Graduates of all majors go on to lead very prosperous careers and are of exceedingly high caliber.
It is clear to see why Rutgers University is among the best universities in the nation.
SACNAS HELPS OUR COUNTRY LIVE UP TO ITS POTENTIAL
1. America’s population demographics are changing.
2. The Native American population is also growing – and consistently overlooked in the data. Native Americans face severe disparities in terms of access to:
3. The STEM workforce isn’t keeping pace.
4. Without a concerted effort to diversify the amount of students earning and using their degrees in the US, America’s competitive edge – and a huge amount of potential – in the STEM fields will be lost.
At SACNAS, we understand that diverse voices bring creative solutions to our world’s most pressing scientific problems. That’s why we’re building a national network that is innovative, powerful, and inclusive.
Our programs and events train and support the next generation of diverse STEM talent.
We provide students and professionals the opportunities and resources they need to advance in their education and careers through:
WE ARE MULTIDISCIPLINARY AND MULTICULTURAL