The Rutgers translate-a-thon is an annual event dedicated to bringing together students and speakers of many different languages around short-term translation projects that benefit the RU community and beyond. All you need to participate are your language skills, curiosity, and a laptop if you have one! Past projects include:
- Translating poetry and community partners’ documents from Spanish to English and English to Spanish
- Localizing video games
- Subtitling Russian TV series and films for use in the classroom
- Translating Wikipedia articles from French and English into Arabic, in partnership with Ideas Beyond Borders
- Translating K-pop lyrics, tweets, and Korean poetry into English
- Translating RU Writing Program documents, Chinese to English and English to Chinese
- … and more!
Please stay tuned for further details on this year’s event, coming up in Spring 2021.
Generously sponsored by the Program in Comparative Literature, the Center for European Studies, and the Language Center.