- Program runs from May 28- August 2, 2024. The program is fully in-person program for 2024!
- Applications accepted through March 15, 2024
- Cutting-edge, multidisciplinary research projects
- Hands-on training: “Cellular Bioengineering Boot Camp”
- Immersion in Innovation and Entrepreneurship, including development of a business plan
- New emphasis on engineering to address health disparities
- Faculty and near-peer mentoring
- Weekly workshops and networking
- End-of-summer research symposium
- Supplemental funding to support conference travel
Living & Research Environment
- 10-week paid research experience.
- Participants receive minimum $5000 stipend plus travel expenses, on-campus housing, and GRE preparation course
- State-of-the-art research facilities
- Easy access to New York City, Philadelphia, New Jersey shore, and Poconos Mountains.
Research experience – a key to success
- Over 80% of summer trainees have gone on to graduate studies or professional schools, including Georgia Tech, Cornell, and the University of Texas, Austin. Click here to review student data and placement.
- Trainees have won competitive fellowships including the NSF Graduate Research Fellowship
- More than a third of the trainees present their REU research at national meetings