Need a website quickly, but you’re not a web developer? No problem. Sites@Rutgers is the site-in-a-box solution that offers hassle-free website creation – Rutgers Style. Using our system, professors, student organizations, and research initiatives alike can now have their own feature-rich sites in a matter of days, no matter their skill level.
Please note that at this time Sites@Rutgers Sites may only be requested by Rutgers faculty and staff members. Check the Sites@Rutgers FAQ for more information on eligibility.
What We Offer
Sites@Rutgers offers three different types of premade site templates to the Rutgers community. All of them have the exact same interface and features, but each template layout has been optimized to fit the unique needs of all our users.
Our options currently include:
Be sure to check out the template tour for each type in order to decide which best fits you and your organization’s needs.
How It Works
I. Request A Site
- Fill out the Request a Site Form
- You’ll receive an email confirmation that your request is being processed. We’ll reach out to you within 3-5 business days of receiving it.
II. Site URL and Login
- Once your site is approved, you’ll receive an email with your site’s URL and some resources to help you start building it.
III. Build Your Site
- Create your site’s content
- Personalize site navigation to fit your needs. Does your top menu match your content?
- Proof and review with stakeholders
IV. Launch Your Site
- Disable maintenance mode to remove the “Under Construction” homepage
- You’re launched!
V. Keep Going!
- Sites need continual love and attention to thrive. Keep yours updated regularly and make sure to track your stats with Google Analytics.
- Advertise! Make sure to get word out about the site in order to start cultivating an audience.
Interested in Getting Started?
Need help? The Rutgers IT Help Desk is ready to answer your questions.