After Books We Read had been running over a year, we needed a Past Project page! Enjoy browsing our previous initiatives and programs under the tabs or here.
- Banned Books Week 2021 – we joined forces again for an event, supported by blog posts related to challenging books.
- Summer Tales 2021 was our second summer reading program for Rutgers New Brunswick Summer Session.
- Tales We Read was an online, semester-long reading program in Fall 2020.
- Banned Books Week 2020 was initiated by SC&I students, we were happy to join forces.
- The SEBS Little Free Library is located in Foran Hall, and survived the lockdown.
- Science Cafés were held in the library, moved fully online in Fall 2020.
- The Summer Tales Book Club was a huge success during the summer session of 2020.
- Jellinek Dossier – another project from the Alcohol Library, related to a founder of alcohol studies as an academic discipline.
- Reading for Recovery – the bibliotherapy project, which inspired Books We Read. See where it all started, with an ALA Carnegie-Whitney grant to select reading material for people with substance use issues.