How to Find eBooks at Rutgers and Beyond
In addition to titles available on the Internet, Rutgers University Libraries provide access to many of the electronic books via QuickSearch and other less easily discoverable sources, including databases.
Consider the lists below as your gateway to a mini Virtual Little Free Library with books from safe resources.
“When in doubt, go to the library” – or as second best in the time of corona: Ask a librarian!
See the full list of online resources, such as eBooks, audiobooks, videos, and newspapers. See also the Recently added eBooks at RUL.
Start with QuickSearch on the Rutgers University Libraries home page
- Enter your search term(s), you will get a list of results.
- Use the left panel to narrow down to ebooks.
- Under ‘Resource Types” select Book.
- Under “Limit to” select Available Online.
- Select any title from the results list to view the complete details, including the link for online access.
Intermediate: Databases (free)
Advanced: Databases (RU Restricted)
Listed in a Research Guide by Stephanie Bartz, these databases are Rutgers restricted. Please log in with your NetID when prompted.
- ProQuest Ebook Central
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Oxford Scholarship Online
- SAGE Reference
- Standard Ebooks
- Wiley Online Library